tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Port still busy after removing connector in Embedded Tomcat 7.0.30
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 00:04:17 GMT
On 5/14/2013 5:27 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 14/05/2013 04:34, Chirag Dewan wrote:
>>

>>> You need to destroy the connector to close the port.
>>
>> Mark,
>>
>> That seems to work. :)
>>
>> Now the port is free. But is it the right approach?
>
> You had a problem you couldn't solve. Someone with an @apache.org e-mail
> address (i.e. an Apache committer and probably a Tomcat committer -
> something you can easily check) provided a solution that worked and you
> are asking if that solution is correct? I am trying very hard not to be
> to be extremely sarcastic right now.

Mark, remember that most people's e-mail clients will only show the
"friendly" name of the e-mail sender if it's available, not the full
e-mail address, so he probably didn't see your @Apache.org address.

Those of us who have been participating (or at least lurking) here for a
while understand that you know pretty much everything there is to know
about tomcat, but a new poster may not, so I'd give him the benefit of
the doubt on this.