tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Mayr <ste...@mayr-stefan.de>
Subject Delayed WAR expansion, timeout on context startup?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 20:39:26 GMT
Hi,

we've upgraded our linux systems and experience some serious slowdowns
from our antivirus solutions. Expanding large WAR files (e.g. Alfresco)
is blocked by the virus scanner for minutes (!). Now we get tomcats
failing to deploy contexts on startup. Everything was fine when the
deployment/WAR expansion is/was faster (av off or just older linux
plattform).
Are there any parameters to adjust deployment timeouts for these
contexts with large WAR files?

I know we need to get the av scanner fixed. But at the moment we just
need a temporary workaround for the longer expansions times.

Thanks,

   Stefan