tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Monitoring Tomcat - Delta Values
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 16:58:38 GMT
On 03.05.2013 18:13, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
>> Subject: Monitoring Tomcat - Delta Values
>
>> I was wondering if anyone could recommend an existing tool to capture
>> that data, compute the deltas, etc. or if folks just roll their own?
>
> I believe moskito does this already.
>
> http://moskito.anotheria.net/

and there's Jolokia in combination with jmx4perl:

http://www.jolokia.org/

http://search.cpan.org/~roland/jmx4perl/
http://search.cpan.org/~roland/jmx4perl/scripts/jmx4perl

which fits nicely together with nagios.

Although AFAIR last time it couldn't do my favorite "quotient of
deltas", but until now I haven't found a standard tool doing that.

Average response time in last intervall = delta(cumulatedResponseTime)/
                                          delta(RequestCount)

Tomcat provides cumulatedResponseTime and RequestCount per Servlet,
Webapp and globally, but unfortunately the tools lack for this one.

Regards,

Rainer