tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vanga Palli, Ravindra Kumar" <ravindra.vangapa...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Need AccessLogValve results clarification
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 22:13:53 GMT
The timer starts when the incoming socket is assigned to a thread. So, what you see in logs
is a processing time but not  queuing time.

Thanks,
Ravi

From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:32 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Need AccessLogValve results clarification

I'm sure this was recently asked, but I couldn't find the thread.
I'm using the AccessLogValve with "%D" at the end of the string to get a rough processing
time per request.
I'm using straight connector threads, no executor pool.
The question is, when does the timer start for a request that ends up waiting for a connector
thread to process?
When the execution start, or when it gets put on the wait queue?
Ex:  MaxThreads=50, AcceptCount=100,  so assuming all 50 threads are busy, does the timer
start for request 51 when it is received or when it starts processing.

If it really matters, Tomcat 6.0.36, Java 6.0.43 (?) and Windows 2008 R2.

Jeffrey Janner
Sr. Network Administrator
jeffrey.janner@polydyne.com<mailto:first.last@polydyne.com>
PolyDyne Software Inc.
Main:   512.343.9100
Direct:  512.583.8930

 [cid:image002.png@01CC0FB7.4FF43CE0]

Speed, Intelligence & Savings in Sourcing