tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject Performance Issue while upgrading from Embedded Tomcat 6 to Tomcat 7
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 10:51:07 GMT

Hi All,

I have upgraded my application from Embedded Tomcat 6 to Embedded Tomcat 7. With Tomcat 6,
I was getting around 70000 Transactions per sec with a simple HTTP service,which sets the
HTTPResponse and returns it.

Now with Tomcat 7,I am getting 54000 transactions per sec. Going through the web I figured
out that it may be due to Servlet 3.0 API. I have updated my web.xml so that Servlet API doesn't
scan the classes for annotations. This is how my web.xml looks like:

<web-app metadata-complete="true" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
                      http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd"

  version="3.0">

Can anyone provide some other measures I can implement?

I am using an HTTP Client to test my performnace.

Thanks