tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Kowalczewski <tomasz.kowalczew...@gmail.com>
Subject NPE in SlowQuery
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:15:32 GMT
Hello all,

we are running Tomcat 7 on Amazon EC2:

Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.22
Server built:   Sep 27 2011 09:40:50
Server number:  7.0.22.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     2.6.34.7-56.40.amzn1.i686
Architecture:   i386
JVM Version:    1.7.0_03-b04

And get following exception on slow queries:

[catalina-exec-18] 04-02 10:27:11 ERROR TransactionInterceptor:414 -
Application exception overridden by rollback exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
               at
org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.interceptor.SlowQueryReport.reportFailedQuery(SlowQueryReport.java:86)
               at
org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.interceptor.AbstractQueryReport$StatementProxy.invoke(AbstractQueryReport.java:237)

I wasn't able to google for a solution/bugfix therefore I would like
to ask the Tomcat community for help on this issue. Is this a known
bug?

When looking at the source code:

85:  QueryStats qs = this.getQueryStats(sql);
86:  qs.failure(delta, now);

It looks like getQueryStats(sql) returned null and indeed it does so
on at leas one ocassion:

     protected QueryStats getQueryStats(String sql) {
          if (sql==null) sql = "";
          ConcurrentHashMap<String,QueryStats> queries =
SlowQueryReport.this.queries;
>>        if (queries==null) return null;

However, non of the uses of getQueryStats() in SlowQueryReport guard
against this null. It seems to be a bug.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Kowalczewski