tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Violeta Georgieva <miles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Tomcat 5.5.20 not stopping and starting correctly
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:33:00 GMT
Hi,

2013/4/10 Tailor,Nilesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently have an issue whereby Tomcat 5.5.20 does not seem to stop
and start correctly.  When we stop the service the below message appears:

> 'Windows could not stop the Apache Tomcat 5.5.20 service on Local
Computer. Error 109: The pipe has been ended.'

> When we start the service, we are not able to bring up the page.  I have
looked through logs and nothing is appearing in the tomcat logs which to
suggest what is causing the issue.

> Has anyone experienced this issue before?

It is possible that you are facing a known issue [1].

Please note that Tomcat 5.5.x is not supported anymore [2].

Regards
Violeta

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-195
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-55-eol.html