tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Inno Setup Script?
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 17:38:39 GMT
2013/4/8 James Green <>:
> I have a need to distribute an application that works inside Tomcat to a
> number of customers.
> I can build an Inno Setup script to most of the work, but rather than
> re-inventing what looks like quite a complex wheel, has anyone build an
> installer script for Tomcat already that they could share?
> In our case we're bundling our own JRE which needs setting when installing
> the service...

Tomcat installer is built using NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)
The script is res/tomcat.nsi

 if you are using a custom value for HTTP port,  do not forget to also
change the shutdown port number (8005).  I have seen a number of
software that forgets to change that.  You can set it to "-1" when
external shutdown is not needed,  e.g. when you run as a service.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: