tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble loading MS SQl Server database driver in Tomcat 7.0.37
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 22:44:13 GMT
2013/4/2  <dvosbury1@aol.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have been tasked with moving an application from a JBoss application server to Tomcat
7. The application is using hibernate to establish a connection pool as I understand it. I've
got Tomcat running under the standard ports and have deployed the application. The SQL Server
.jar file is placed in the catalina_home/lib directory. The problem with getting the app to
run correctly from the logs that I'm reading appears to be that the database driver isn't
and also my context.xml, and hibernate.cfg.xml files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class ''
for connect URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://10.2.152.11:1433;databaseName=SMSwebDB;SelectMethod=Cursor;'

>    <Resource name="jdbc/smswebdb"
>             auth="Container"
>             driverclassname="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
>             maxactive="100"
>             maxidle="30"
>             maxwait="10000"
>             username="SMSWEB_user"
>             password="SMSWP*D#1AHqX1"
>             type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>             url="jdbc:sqlserver://10.2.152.11:1433;databaseName=SMSwebDB;SelectMethod=Cursor;">
>     </Resource>

Read the documentation. There is no such attribute as "driverclassname".

XML is case-sensitive and does not forgive typos.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

(Documentation for <Resource> element itself is at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Resource_Definitions

but the attribute in question belongs to the actual resource
configured by that element: to the DBCP connection pool,
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/configuration.html
)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko