tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 - ajax and connection pool : "connection closed" despite the use of "validationQuery" and "testOnBorrow"
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 19:40:56 GMT
Hi Konstantin:

About this link

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/configuration.html

If you have enabled "removeAbandoned" then it is possible that a connection
is reclaimed by the pool because it is considered to be abandoned. This
mechanism is triggered when (getNumIdle() < 2) and (getNumActive() >
getMaxActive() - 3)

I know that it's about  DBCP , not JDBC Pool in Tomcat 7, but
Do you know if it's the same  mechanism ?
In this case, this mechanism only is useful when pool is about to be
exhausted, right ?

Regards