tomcat-users mailing list archives

From saumil shah <saumil...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE : Tomcat 6.0.35 Crashed again
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 04:46:22 GMT
Hello All,
First of all .......Thank you so very much Daniel, Neven, Marc, Howard, Christopher.....appreciate
all the help. Learnt a lot.
What I gather from the chain is that,
It would be "prefered" to make Min and Max heap size same ..... i.e. in my case 4096m vs Min
as 1024m and max 4096m.... which may waste some memory if NOT required, but for now , we have
ample free memory.It appears, Viewing via VisualVM or JConsole even for local tomcat install
 , for windows service installer , does require JMX port setting )(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/503057/unable-to-use-jconsole-with-tomcat-running-as-windows-service)
and hence restart is a must ?Other question was , is -XX:+UseParallelGC recommended , since
I have 8 core machine or would there be penalty to that ?
Once again many thanks and appreciate all the help.