tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: how to monitor the traffic through the connector
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:09:27 GMT
On Apr 1, 2013, at 1:40 PM, a wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for reply.
> The servlet of the web application does not response to the request after
> running serveral months. The problem can be solved by restarting the tomcat.
> I want to troubleshoot by monitoring the number of avaliable threads or
> occupied threads.
>
> Thank you

First, don't top post (i.e. reply at the top of your email).  Either reply below the previous
response or as typically works best, inline.

Second, when you encounter a problem with your servlet / Tomcat, take three or four thread
dump, separated by 15 - 20 seconds each.  Each thread dump will show you the current status
of all the threads in the JVM.  You can use the thread dumps to check for block threads and
long running processes.

Instructions for taking a thread dump.

  https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

Dan