tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 21:00:27 GMT
> From: James Snider [mailto:James.Snider@hbcs.org]
> Subject: Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7

> I am have generated the 2 certs and a private key and added them to
> the server.xml SSL HTTPS/1.1 Connector on port 443 configuration with
> the following code:
>   SSLCertificateFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>     Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.crt"
>   SSLCertificateKeyFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>     Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.key"
>   SSLCertificateChainFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>     Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.chain-CA.crt"

Note that the above are for use with the APR <Connector>; see:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support_-_APR/Native

However:

> Apr 12, 2013 4:05:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance
> in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:

You don't have the APR library (tcnative-1.dll) installed.  If you use the proper Tomcat download,
the .dll will be there.  Note that the 32- vs 64-bit mode must match that of the JVM you're
using, not the mode of the OS.

 - Chuck