tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Vieira Rolanski <ser...@strategos.com.br>
Subject Tomcat form auth not using filters
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 19:17:07 GMT
Hello,

Using Java 6, Apache Tomcat 7.0.34, Mojarra 2.1.19 and PrimeFaces 3.5

I set up my application to use forms auth and it is working, but I have a problem when the
session expires.
I'm not sure what Tomcat does when the session expires to render (or redirect) the login page
instead of the request page.
I get an Hibernate exception as root cause saying that there is no session open, that means
the request is ignoring my HibernateFilter (among other important filters) which opens the
session and transaction for the current request resulting in an error.

Any ideas how do I fix this?

Thanks,
Sergio