tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <rainer.f...@inxmail.de>
Subject Re: multi-tenant web app
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 05:50:48 GMT

On 12.04.2013, at 13:08, Jamie <jamie@mailarchiva.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I would like some advice with regards to deploying a web app in a multi-tenant scenario.
A while back, we had a few cloud service providers ask us if they could host our web app as
a service. Under pressure to come with a quick solution, we responded by implementing a manager
like application (much like the Tomcat manager app), that could deploy additional web apps
by copying the contents of our WAR file to a new directory under web apps .

Here's a real world example of doing this, by JFRog regarding their Artifactory SAAS. Spoiler:
the crucial point is putting as many dependencies as possible into the shared classloader
(where "possible" is not as easy as it sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE3eo0CuQCc

Rainer