tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <>
Subject Re: SSL configuration on Tomcat7.
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:47:03 GMT

> On 4/25/13 11:10 AM, Shahid Tamboli wrote:
>> Hello Everyone, I am Shahid Tamboli and working at Mobimedia
>> Technologies, Pune, India. We are stuck up with configuring our
>> server with SSL. We have taken an Ubuntu instance on Amazon. We
>> have installed Tomcat on the server. The Tomcat version is Tomcat 7
>> We are facing issues of configuring SSL certificates on my Tomcat
>> server We have followed the following steps of deploying the
>> certificate.
>>   On following the above steps we are getting error of certificate
>> not trusted and on contacting the Certificate Provider they told us
>> to check our installation again. Thus if anyone can help us on this
>> issue
> Please tell us exactly what steps you took. I know you were following
> an online "howto", but please start over again (e.g. delete your
> keystore), and tell us how you went from a clean installation of
> Tomcat to where you are today. You are likely missing a step (or 2).

No, no, no... do not delete keystore. That may be the only place where
your private key is. If you delete your private key, you will have to
generate new private key, and purchase new certificate.

I guess Chris missed to notice that you gave us URL from commercial CA.

So, I propose that you just locate your keystore and run

   keytool -list -keystore /path/to/my_keystore.jks

And send us the results here. Also send us your server.xml with comments
and passwords removed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message