tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-443"]
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:23:03 GMT
Neven Cvetkovic wrote:

> Btw in your log "<null>" is actual real IP address, you just removed it for
> the mailing list, correct?

That's the actual message from CATALINA.OUT, verbatim. Perhaps we're not
specifying an IP address in the configuration files (how would one do
that?), and (with several IP addresses assigned to the box) it's having
trouble deciding which one we want?

And as I said, earlier today, I did find *something* else listening on
443 (incidentally, on an AS/400, NETSTAT has a synonym, more
idiomatically native to the OS, of WRKTCPSTS), but now there's no trace
of that something else, and even when it was there, it was kind of elusive.

--
JHHL