tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access-log ordering
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:30:35 GMT
> So, this is my due diligence to determine if, in addition to the
> mountain of evidence we otherwise have, Tomcat does in fact log
> requests in the order in which they are received.

Tomcat logs requests in the order they complete (so it can log the
time spent processing, bytes sent, etc.).

Additionally, there is a sync block around the writing to the log
which is not guaranteed to use fair ordering so it is possible in a
busy server for request A to finish before request B but for request B
to be logged first. If those requests are on the same connection then
they will always be logged in the order they were made.

HTH,

Mark