tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:07:19 GMT

James,

On 4/17/13 4:10 PM, James Snider wrote:
> I have reinstalled Apache Tomcat with the tcnative library and I
> am not receiving the SSL certificate errors as seen earlier.

Good.

> But I am now receiving the following errors upon startup:

Not so good.

> Apr 17, 2013 3:13:58 PM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin WARNING:
> [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'maxSpareThreads' to '75' did not find a matching property.

Re-read the configuration section on "Connector".

> Apr 17, 2013 3:13:58 PM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin WARNING:
> [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'SSLEngine' to 'on' did not find a matching property.

Re-read the configuration section on "Connector".

> Apr 17, 2013 3:13:58 PM
> org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener initializeSSL INFO:
> OpenSSL successfully initialized (OpenSSL 1.0.1d 5 Feb 2013)

Good! OpenSSL launched correctly.

> Apr 17, 2013 3:13:58 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-80"] Apr 17, 2013
> 3:13:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init INFO:
> Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-443"] Apr 17, 2013 3:13:59
> PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init SEVERE: Failed to
> initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
> ["http-apr-443"] java.lang.Exception: Unable to load certificate
> key C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 7.0\conf\CRT\hncshvm.hbcs.org.key (error:02001003:system
> library:fopen:No such process) at
> org.apache.tomcat.jni.SSLContext.setCertificate(Native Method)

So the JVM is correctly invoking your native library, but it can't
load the certificate for some reason. My first guess would be a
permissions issue (check file permissions against the effective user
running Tomcat).

> To answer your questions I have Tomcat installed in the C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foudnation\Tomcat directory. I am using a
> windows server 2003 R2 x64 bit OS AND Have java version 1.7
> installed.

Okay. Are you running Tomcat as a service? That often results in weird
permissions issues because services have very few privileges on the
local machine.

- -chris