tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Claude Haw-King-Chon <JChaw-king-c...@medifirst.fr>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 - ajax and connection pool : "connection closed" despite the use of "validationQuery" and "testOnBorrow"
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:05:16 GMT
I wish to avoid passing the connection through the layers of the
application (from controller to DAO).
The controller initialize the connection and must pass it to the Dao
layer. I don't want to pass the datasource or connection to the business
layer as a parameter.

Futher, the data source can be different for each user : it's not
possible to use a static attribute to store the connection or the
datasource (by example, in a connection factory).

That's why I think that "threadlocal" is the solution for passing the
connection between 2 non adjacent layers : is it a bad practice?

Jean-Claude HAW-KING-CHON
*MédiFirst **
**Immeuble LE SESAME**
*8 rue Germain Soufflot