tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Re : Memory leak in Tomcat 6.0.35 ( 64 bit)
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:52:01 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: saumil shah [mailto:Saumil125@Hotmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Re : Memory leak in Tomcat 6.0.35 ( 64 bit)
>
> Don't top post - it's annoying and confusing.
>
>> can we deploy 32 bit web applications on 64 bit tomcat?
>
> The point being made is that your question doesn't make any sense.  There's no such thing
as a 32- or 64-bit Tomcat, nor are there 32- or 64-bit webapps.  Java code is platform independent.
 If you have native code that runs in the JVM process, then its mode of execution must match
that of the JVM, hence the choice of tcnative add-ons.  If your webapp includes native code,
you've likely made poor architectural decisions in your application architecture.

And the additional point that I was trying to make - admittedly not very explicitly - is
the following : in your original post, you seemed to make a connection between the
supposedly 32-bit Tomcat and webapps, and the fact that you were encountering some kind of

issue around a 2 GB memory size.
But if your JVM is 64-bit, this "2 GB" memory size does not really mean anything, so you
are likely on the wrong track.