tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Snider <James.Sni...@hbcs.org>
Subject RE: Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:12:23 GMT
Hi Chuck,

After reviewing the APR<Connector> documentation, I am still receiving the errors involving
the SSL Certificate and do not understand where the issue is being generated.  I have attached
a copy of my current server.xml file and screenshots of the errors I am receiving upon start
up.

Can you give me more insight on resolving this issue? Is there a support # I can call to have
a technician walk me through troubleshooting this or any professional services I can contact?

Thanks,

James Snider | Project Leader - Business Solutions Programming & System Administration

HBCS | Energize Your Revenue Cycle
118 Lukens Drive | New Castle, DE 19720
Ph: 302-552-8065 | Fx: 302.254.3749
E-mail | James.Snider@hbcs.org
www.hbcs.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 5:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7

> From: James Snider [mailto:James.Snider@hbcs.org]
> Subject: Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7

> I am have generated the 2 certs and a private key and added them to
> the server.xml SSL HTTPS/1.1 Connector on port 443 configuration with
> the following code:
>   SSLCertificateFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>     Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.crt"
>   SSLCertificateKeyFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>     Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.key"
>   SSLCertificateChainFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>     Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.chain-CA.crt"

Note that the above are for use with the APR <Connector>; see:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support_-_APR/Native

However:

> Apr 12, 2013 4:05:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:

You don't have the APR library (tcnative-1.dll) installed.  If you use the proper Tomcat download,
the .dll will be there.  Note that the 32- vs 64-bit mode must match that of the JVM you're
using, not the mode of the OS.

 - Chuck