tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Snider <James.Sni...@hbcs.org>
Subject Errors when trying to configure SSL for Apache Tomcat 7
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:42:07 GMT
Hi,

I have installed Tomcat 7 on a 64 bit server running Windows 2003 R2 and am trying to configure
SSL to work.

I am have generated the 2 certs and a private key and added them to the server.xml SSL HTTPS/1.1
Connector on port 443 configuration with the following code:

               maxThreads="150"
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
                       clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="ALL -SSLv2"
                                SSLEngine="on"
               SSLCertificateFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.crt"
               SSLCertificateKeyFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.key"
               SSLCertificateChainFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\ROOT\CRT\www.companyx.com.chain-CA.crt"
                                SSLCipherSuite="ALL"/>

Please note that this configuration is apples for apples to my current configuration I have
running on another server with the same OS and bits but utilizing Apache Tomcat 5.5.  When
I start the Apache Tomcat 7.0 service I receive the following errors:

Apr 12, 2013 4:05:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production
environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
7.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_17\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;.
Apr 12, 2013 4:05:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'SSLCertificateFile'
to 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\CRT\ www.companyx.com.crt'
did not find a matching property.
Apr 12, 2013 4:05:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'SSLCertificateKeyFile'
to 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\CRT\ www.companyx.com.key'
did not find a matching property.
Apr 12, 2013 4:05:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'SSLCertificateChainFile'
to 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\CRT\ www.companyx.com.chain-CA.crt'
did not find a matching property.

Can you please help me troubleshoot these errors? I have searched online and can not seem
to find any solutions.

Thanks,
James

       ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------

  This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged confidential information
protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.

       ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------