tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat JDBC Pooling - Connections
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:45:13 GMT
On Apr 8, 2013, at 3:23 AM, Madan KN wrote:

> *Hi All,*
>
> Currently we are using tomcat jdbc pooling for oracle 11g R12.

What version of Tomcat are you using?  If you are using the pool directly outside of Tomcat,
what version of it are you using?

> The problem
> we are facing is during the peak traffic (less than %2) of time the
> connections spike up to more than 100 sessions & never comes back to the
> normal / desired pool size.

It would be helpful to see your configuration.  Please post it here, minus comments.

> Due to the connections are returned either in
> Round-Robin/Random to the application.

How are you determining this?  Can you provide some background on why you think this is causing
a problem?

> Is there a way we can try LIFO so that connections to evict idle / unwanted
> pool size beyond certain limit?

Not sure exactly what you mean here.  Is the "fairQueue" option what you are looking for?

  https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jdbc-pool.html

Dan