tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Gonzalez <>
Subject tomcat nodes and updating of webapps
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:48:41 GMT
Dear all,
  In the Tomcat nodes (under Windows) i mentioned in the other thread part of balancing
group we are concerned of how to face webapps updating.
  What I mean is if I have just 2-3 nodes, while we are performing a new webapp deployment,
we would like that users continue to be served using the non-updated webapps of course, transparently
for them and with no downtimes.
  I have thought about it and I have thought of having two tomcats in each server node that
are synced and a second failover Tomcat in server1 which will take all requests while the
main Tomcat in server1 is being updated.
  Does it make sense?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message