tomcat-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Couralet <cedric.coura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IWA username using JSP for Already authenticated Window system
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:38:01 GMT
2013/3/25 N.s.Karthik <nskarthik.k@gmail.com>:
> Hi

Hello

>>>https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html
>
> I have already tried this and found the same to Work only on Windows
> Environment
>
> but my Tomcat servers are on  Oracle Linux Systems...
>
> Will this configurations work with "Tomcat 7.0.30 on Linux"  with Clients
> using IE8 from Windows ???

I will assume you talk about the SPNEGO Authenticator from tomcat.
If that is the case, then I can confirm it works on Linux (Debian SID  here).

One thing to watch for is that the client must use Kerberos and not
NTLM (it's a guess but it seems logical) .
For this, you must have AD knowing your tomcat server ie : nslookup
your.url must return your IP adress .

For the rest the documentation on the tomcat website is basically all I needed.