tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Albert Kam <moonblade.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Sharing lots of little pieces of data across a cluster
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 01:22:11 GMT
I am not sure this might suit you, but if i am currently thinking of
http://redis.io/
Key and value storage (binary value is supported), expiry is supported,
support scaling horizontally, can be set to be non-persistent (only in
memory, which is fast)

For more complex data structures, and more ability in queries, i would
suggest http://www.mongodb.org/
They have json-like storage, expiry is also supported, scaling horizontally
with sharding, support replicas for availability, and although it's always
in persistent mode, the active workset would be in the mapped-memory for
fast access.