tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Cannot access my app after Tomcat 7.0.28
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 05:30:25 GMT
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
smithh032772@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,

>> Try running JVisualVM as administrator. I'm not sure if that is even
>> high enough privileges on Microsoft Windows... MS has some odd
>> permissions when it comes to "Services".
>>

> I hope we are not hijacking this thread. :)
>
> Anyway, I am always logged in as administrator on my development and
> production servers.
>
> Please note, I always unzip tomcat/tomee ZIP file(s) to hard drive. Is
> Attach API dependent on a tomcat .exe (Windows install), so registry can be
> updated, or is Tomcat (for Windows) updating registry when tomcat7 windows
> service is installed (or when tomcat is started)?
>

> FYI, in Java Visual VM, when I right-click either of the below and select
Properties, it states the following:

NetBeans : Connection

The application is managed by a local jvmstat connection.

Tomcat (TomEE, in my case) : Connection

The application is managed by a JMX connection. See the JMX Connection tab
for details.