tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rahul Somasunderam <r...@certifydatasystems.com>
Subject Tomcat DBCP Logging
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:49:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 7.0.23. I've got a question about configuring the logging of DBCP Failures.

I've go this in my context xml file.

<Context docBase="/home/foo/war/" path="/foo" reloadable="true">
   <Resource
       name="jdbc/hd/datasource"
       auth="Container"
       type="javax.sql.DataSource"
       driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
       url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1531/PROD"
       username="foouser"
       password="foopass"
   />
</Context>

When the username and password are correct, I have no trouble connecting and my application
works as expected.
However when this is wrong, I get no indication of why it went wrong. I suppose Tomcat/DBCP
is catching the exception and not logging it.
When I try from outside of tomcat using jdbc, I see Oracle returning a ORA-01017 error code
and jdbc throwing an exception.

What must I do in the logging.properties to make tomcat log this?

R,
rahul