tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat JDBC connection pool + JMX
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:51:48 GMT
On Mar 27, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza wrote:

> Hello:
>

> I'm using tomcat-jdbc as a connection pool in a standalone application.
>
> I would like monitorize this pool by JMX .
>
> How I can do that ?

Any number of ways.  There are utilities like jmxsh, you could create custom code or even
use monitoring software like Nagios or Hyperic.

> What is the name of MBean ?

Here's what I see when I look at a Tomcat server with a tomcat-jdbc connection pool defined.

  tomcat.jdbc:name="<jndi-path>",type=ConnectionPool,class=org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSource

I think this might also work (although it appears read-only).

  Catalina:type=DataSource,class=javax.sql.DataSource,name="<jndi-path>"

Probably best to take a look at your app with jconsole and jvisualvm and confirm.

Dan