tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Vávra <va...@602.cz>
Subject Re: configuring tomcat7 with apache 2.2.22
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:43:21 GMT
Hello,
  I take care about an app that is a combination of Apache Server+php
Drupal app and Apache Tomcat jsp app.
  Apache Server listens on the ports 80/443 and requests are reverse
proxied to Apache Tomcat.

  Let's say that the tomcat app resides on/testca
  The apache server config will be

   ProxyRequests Off
   ProxyPass /testca ajp://127.0.0.1:9081/testca
   ProxyPassReverse /testca ajp://127.0.0.1:9081/testca

         <Proxy /testca/WEB-INF>
         Order Deny,Allow
         Deny from All
         </Proxy>

         <Proxy /testca>
         Order Deny,Allow
         Allow from All
         </Proxy>

and check if ajp module is loaded:
LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so

In the Apache Tomcat's server.xml  change ajp port to 9081
  <Connector port="9081" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

On WinXP there should be no problem. I personally develop on Win 7,
production is Linux.

Jan.

> Although not a newbie to building websites in html and php, and physical computing in
C/C++, I'm having a dickens of a