tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: date format in Last-modified header
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:31:30 GMT
getridofthespam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Google didn't give any relevant info so I try here.
>
> I traced a tomcat request and noticed there where two different date formats in the
> last-modified header:
> 2012-12-13T09:52:02Z
> and
> Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:49:08 GMT
>
> What determines the format and where do the differences come from?

According to Perl's help, these formats orginate from :
They correspond to the C library routines strftime and ctime.

Searching Google for that, this page provides a lot more information :
http://linux.die.net/man/3/strftime

I am also sure that there must be an RFC (2616?) that mentions the various acceptable
formats in HTTP. Mmmm. For example, searching Google for "http rfc date format" yields
this : https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3339) (and also a reference to RFC 2616).

Now, how from there they make their way into Tomcat's "last-modified" headers, I wouldn't

know.