tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <>
Subject Re: Integrating blog into a JSP website
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:21:39 GMT
On 05/03/13 08:03, Brian Burch wrote:
> On 05/03/13 07:16, André Warnier wrote:
>> Sunil Shevante wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is it possible to integrate a blog into my JSP website? Currently I
>>> have manually created the directory structure within my war file.
>>> My Site :
>>> Also as a subquestion, how can we deploy latest contents on tomcat
>>> within building the war file? Is there a way out? So that whenever I
>>> have a new article, I can simply deploy the new article without
>>> building the whole application.
>>> Tomcat version 6.0.14.
>> In very general terms, yes to all questions above.
>> But maybe you want to search Google for examples about building websites
>> with Java servlet containers, or Tomcat in particular.
>> We cannot really help with that kind of questions here.  This is a list
>> for people asking technical questions about Tomcat-specific issues, not
>> really about general JSP-based website design.
> If you haven't already invested a lot of effort in your wiki content,
> you might want to take a look at:
> I've been using JSPWIKI successfully under tomcat for many years. It is
> packaged as a war file ready for deployment and there is a lot of
> experience in customising it. JSPWIKI has services to backout unwanted
> changes (this is basically a requirement of any wiki). However, the
> standard distribution comes with almost no content and you probably
> should keep your own content outside the war file and back it up
> externally.
> Brian

Sorry if I confused you. I answered in haste on a slow internet link! I
now see that you wanted a blog...

jspwiki has a good plugin framework, and many specific plugins both in
the as-shipped system, and also more that have been contributed by other
developers. I suggest you look at this blog plugin, although I haven't
used it myself.