tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: Integrating blog into a JSP website
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:03:48 GMT
On 05/03/13 07:16, André Warnier wrote:
> Sunil Shevante wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to integrate a blog into my JSP website? Currently I
>> have manually created the directory structure within my war file.
>>
>> My Site : www.investorschoolindia.com
>>
>> Also as a subquestion, how can we deploy latest contents on tomcat
>> within building the war file? Is there a way out? So that whenever I
>> have a new article, I can simply deploy the new article without
>> building the whole application.
>>
>> Tomcat version 6.0.14.
>>

> In very general terms, yes to all questions above.
> But maybe you want to search Google for examples about building websites
> with Java servlet containers, or Tomcat in particular.
> We cannot really help with that kind of questions here.  This is a list
> for people asking technical questions about Tomcat-specific issues, not
> really about general JSP-based website design.

If you haven't already invested a lot of effort in your wiki content,
you might want to take a look at:

http://incubator.apache.org/jspwiki/

I've been using JSPWIKI successfully under tomcat for many years. It is
packaged as a war file ready for deployment and there is a lot of
experience in customising it. JSPWIKI has services to backout unwanted
changes (this is basically a requirement of any wiki). However, the
standard distribution comes with almost no content and you probably
should keep your own content outside the war file and back it up externally.

Brian