tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brijesh Deo <b...@SonicWALL.com>
Subject How to allow only TLS 1.1 connections to Tomcat (6.0) server with https ?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 06:09:55 GMT
Hi,
Is there a way to make TLS 1.1 required for https connection with Tomcat server. I am currently
on Tomcat 6.0.32 with JRE 1.7 on Windows 7. I tried setting [sslProtocol="TLSv1.1"] in the
Connector definition in server.xml but that did not stop TLS 1.0 connections from being accepted.
I am not using OpenSSL and instead using JSSE as the TLS provider.
Is it possible to do it this way? Or do I need to upgrade to Tomcat 7.0 to be able to allow
only TLS 1.1 connections with https? Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Brijesh