tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ron McNulty <rmcnu...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: Multiple JSESSIONID
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 05:20:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza" <demablogia@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:43 PM
Subject: Multiple JSESSIONID

> Hello:
>
> We're using Tomcat 6.0.24 as servlet container
>
> This server listens for requests under the URL
> www.mydomain.com/app/myaplication/
>

> I've seen in my web browser that it has got 2 JSESSIONID for the same
> domain at the same time
>

> JSESSIONID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.mydomain.com
> /
>
> and
>
> JSESSIONID: yyyyyyyyyyyy
> www.mydomain.com
> /app/myapplication/
>

> Cheking request to my Tomcat server, I see
>

> POST /app/myaplication/action/play.do
>
> Cookie: DWRSESSIONID=F71Wlww0mrwuExOQoE3aLslewQj;
> JSESSIONID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
> JSESSIONID=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy;
>

> How does Tomcat server handle this situation ? I'm talking about
> session managing
> Does it read the first JSESSIONID ? Does it read every JSESSIONID ?
> Can this cause problems ?
>
> I know I can rename JSESSIONID  when it's serve by my Tomcat server,
> but I want to be sure that I need to do that
>
> Thanks and regards

Hi Jose

I have seen this problem when an "out of the box" SAP portal was installed
on our network. It generated cookies with the / path rather than
/sapportal/portalapp or whatever. The cookies with the root path did not get
generated by Tomcat. The symptoms were that the Tomcat apps misbehaved
whenever a user had a SAP application open.

The fix was simply to lean on the SAP team to fix their faulty
configuration.

Regards

Ron