tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tanmoy Chatterjee <>
Subject Tomcat6 j_security_check any parameter / sessions variable on failure?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:54:53 GMT
Tech Stack:
	Tomcat: 6.0.35
	Java: 1.6.0_18
	OS: RHEL 5.3

I am using j_security_check (JNDIRealm - LDAP authentication).
On failure I am sending the user to a common error.jsp in the application. On successful authentication
of-course the page requested is displayed.
The problem is that the error.jsp is called from the application as well if there are any
errors/ exceptions in some functionality (I want to avoid writing any new error pages in my

In the error.jsp, is there any way to know that the failure is because of j_security_check
and not from anywhere else i.e does tomcat add any separate sessions parameter after unsuccessful
j_security_check authentication which I can use for displaying proper error message?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message