tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tanmoy Chatterjee <Tanmoy.Chatter...@nxp.com>
Subject Tomcat6 j_security_check any parameter / sessions variable on failure?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:54:53 GMT
Hello,
Tech Stack:
	Tomcat: 6.0.35
	Java: 1.6.0_18
	OS: RHEL 5.3

I am using j_security_check (JNDIRealm - LDAP authentication).
On failure I am sending the user to a common error.jsp in the application. On successful authentication
of-course the page requested is displayed.
The problem is that the error.jsp is called from the application as well if there are any
errors/ exceptions in some functionality (I want to avoid writing any new error pages in my
application).

In the error.jsp, is there any way to know that the failure is because of j_security_check
and not from anywhere else i.e does tomcat add any separate sessions parameter after unsuccessful
j_security_check authentication which I can use for displaying proper error message?

Thanks,
Tanmoy