tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Jeffrey E." <Jeffrey.Har...@ManTech.com>
Subject RE: Need to Specify keystorePass on Command Line - Update
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:52:33 GMT

> If you had read the Procrun documentation that Mark was kind enough to
> point you to above, you might have figured out that you need to modify
> your "--JvmOptions=..." syntax.  You need to change it to
> "++JvmOptions=..." otherwise, you are overwriting all the other options
> that that are stored in the registry that the Tomcat service needs to
> start up.  That includes things like the locations of catalina.base and
> catalina.home, and you're never gonna get the service to start without
> those.
>
> And one other thing, in some security circles, configuring windows to
> allow the running of remote sc commands is a pretty big no-no. If not
> done properly, anyone can stop your services from anywhere.
>
> Jeff

I did try ++JvmOptions, and it did not work either.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
or believe that you received this email in error, please take immediate action to notify the
sender of the apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments
from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or copy this message and any
attachments.