tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Jeffrey E." <Jeffrey.Har...@ManTech.com>
Subject RE: Need to Specify keystorePass on Command Line - Update
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:53:31 GMT
Current status:

I replaced keystorePass=<password> with 'keystorePass="${kspassword}"' in server.xml,
and executed the command "tomcat7 //TS//Tomcat7 --JvmOptions=-Dkspassword=<password>"
and have been able to start the SSL listener as a console application.

However, I have not been able to do the same thing with the service, using "sc start Tomcat7
"--JvmOptions=-Dkspassword=<password>", or putting the parameter into the properties
of the service entry in Windows Services Manager.

I know Charles Caldarale said it could not be done with a service, but it is possible to pass
parameters to a service, both using the Windows Services Manager, and via the sc command line
utility.  I am just not sure what syntax Tomcat is expecting for parameters; I would think
it would match the syntax of the tomcat command above, since that is basically what is being
called, just with different parameters.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Harris

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
or believe that you received this email in error, please take immediate action to notify the
sender of the apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments
from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or copy this message and any
attachments.