tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rune Stilling <s...@rdfined.dk>
Subject Tomcat 7 doesn't start on Windows
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:04:54 GMT
Hi list

I have been trying to get this to work by looking a lot on similar situations around the net
but nothing works. My setup is as follows:

* Tomcat 7.0.37 installed via the Windows service installer package
* Windows 2003 server
* Java/JRE 1.7.0_15
* Using C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll

So the problem is that the Tomcat7 service won't start from the service control panel. I just
get a "Could not start …" and "Error 1053: The service did not respond …".

There's nothing in the Tomcat logs (both stdout and stderr are empty). The event logs shows
a generic service control manager error.

But - If I start the service from the command line by typing "tomcat7 //TS/Tomcat7" the thing
works fine.

Also if I change the service user account to the "Administrator" account I get a different
error by startup "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start".

Any ideas?

/Rune