tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Winter <andrewcwin...@gmail.com>
Subject basic auth required on https but not required on http
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:23:55 GMT
I work on an intranet type application.  While on the local network calls
are made to regular http and authentication is not allowed due to a large
number of established services that call the server without providing
authentication.  However, the server accepts calls from the outside over
SSL (regular http port is blocked by firewall). In these cases the use of
basic authentication is required.  I don't see a way to have work like
this.  With our older setup we used Apache as a front end and had a virtual
host file for each port.  One used https and basic auth and the other
didn't. Both pointed to the same web app.  Now I must send calls directly
to Tomcat as we are implementing asynchronous requests.  What can I do here?