tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Couralet <cedric.coura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding JNDIRealm - tomcat 6.0.35
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:14:41 GMT
2013/2/20 Tanmoy Chatterjee <Tanmoy.Chatterjee@nxp.com>:
> Thanks Cédric, I will try this and let you know.
> Once Ldap closes the connection from it's end, tomcat indeed keeps on trying and finally
establishes a new connection....but  the time spent in retrying is too high (more than 4-5
minutes) and in that time...user cannot login....the login page just sort of hangs in the
browser.

I'd say this is more a problem with openldap. Do you know why tomcat
hangs to recreate the connection when openldap closes it? Do you have
anything in openldap configuration which could explain this.

We are at the moment migrating our old ldap server to openldap and
this could be a real issue for us.

Just a note, from what I see, Tomcat does not keep on trying. A first
attempt is made on the context then if an exception is thrown, it is
caught and tomcat call the open method again (wich tries first the
connectionURL and then the alternateUrl if problem). So only two
attempts if I'm not wrong.