tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Elias Kopsiaftis <yemi...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat wont allow me to create files
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:14:53 GMT
I am running a webapp on Tomcat 7 and I am using log4j for logging.
However, log4j cannot create a log file and Im getting a permission denied
error in the catalina.out file. I am runnning on linux, and made sure that
the current working directory(which I got by printing it from within the
application), /var/lib/tomcat7, and all its subdirectories were in the
tomcat7 group, which should give the web app permissions to create files,
but its not working. any suggestions?