tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServletException including path '/WEB-INF/layouts/standard.jsp'.
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 19:13:56 GMT
2013/2/8 Lou Henry <louztech@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for responding.
>
> 1. Why such an old version?
>           This is what the product was distributed with.

Can you ask the vendor of the product about the issue?

Still, you would better try with a current version as well. At least
you will know whether there is a difference.

> 2. Does the above file exist and is readable (in the exploded war)?
>           Yes, the file exist in
> ...tomcat/webapps/[appname]/WEB-INF/layouts/standard.jsp
> 3. The server logs may contain a more detailed message than this Error 500
> page.
>            The tomcat server logs only show informational messages of this
> kind:
>
> Feb 8, 2013 12:12:53 PM org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache
> tldScanJar
>
> INFO: No TLD files were found in
> [jndi:/localhost/[appname]/WEB-INF/lib/spring-asm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar].
> Consider adding the JAR to to the
> tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip in
> CATALINA_BASE/catalina.properties

Tomcat was compiling your JSP and thus it had to look around for tag
libraries. That is good.

If you missed something in the logs, clearing the logs folder and
starting afresh may help.

Does the webapp come with its own logging configuration?

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
> <knst.kolinko@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2013/2/8 Lou Henry <louztech@gmail.com>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am at a complete loss with this error. I am running Apache Tomcat/
>> 7.0.14.
>>
>> 1. Why such an old version?
>>
>> > I attempted to re-deploy a backup copy of war files that were previously
>> > working.  I did not make any changes to the content of any files. I
>> stopped
>> > Tomcat, blew away the tomcat/work/* and tomcat/temp/* files.  I deleted
>> the
>> > war and webapp directories from tomcat/webapps.  I copied in the backup
>> > copy of the war files and started Tomcat to explode the wars.  I
>> attempted
>> > to access the app and received the trace listed below.  Can someone
>> please
>> > help me with this issue.  Thank you...
>> >

>> > to me
>> >
>> > *HTTP Status 500 - *
>> > ------------------------------
>> >
>> > *type* Exception report
>> >
>> > *message*
>> >
>> > *description* *The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
>> > it from fulfilling this request.*
>> >
>> > *exception*
>> >
>> > org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
>> > failed; nested exception is org.apache.tiles.impl.CannotRenderException:
>> > ServletException including path '/WEB-INF/layouts/standard.jsp'.
>>
>> 2. Does the above file exist and is readable (in the exploded war)?
>>
>> 3. The server logs may contain a more detailed message than this Error 500
>> page.

If nothing else helps, you may try running with a debugger
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Debugging

> org.apache.tiles.impl.CannotRenderException

It might be a tiles issue, or maybe there is different cause down the chain.

Please do not top-post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko