tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FWD: Help Debugging 404 errors]
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:06:00 GMT
> OK, I double clicked. Can you give me some more details on choosing root
> folder and webapps folder? I see three radio buttons that are all greyed
> out. I don't know how to click on them.
>  "Use workspace metadata (dones not modify Tomcat installation)"
>  "Use the tomcat installation (takes control of Tomcat installation)"
>  "Use the custom location (does not modify Tomcat installation)"

Maybe you have to remove the Tomcat entry from Servers tab.
So, you can :

- check "Use the tomcat installation"
- set Server path to Tomcat root folder ( by example, C:\tomcat7.0 )
- set Deploy path (  ( by example, C:\tomcat7.0\webapps  )

If you project has got Dynamic Web Module facet ( right mouse button
on project -> Properties -> Project Facets ) , you can run project on
server clicking right mouse button -> Run as )

Regards