tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sturm <jeff.st...@eprize.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 64-bit for Solaris 64-bit OS
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:53:42 GMT

That's what I'm saying, it's common for both to have the same JAVA_HOME and use -d64/-d32
to override the default.  This page seems to say that's how the Solaris JVM works too:  http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/java.html

Moreover I've used those options on a Linux JVM.  Of course you can install as many different
JVMs as you want with a different JAVA_HOME, but it isn't necessary to do that to select 32
bit or 64 bit modes of execution.

-Jeff