tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Need to Specify keystorePass on Command Line
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:11:04 GMT
> From: Harris, Jeffrey E. [mailto:Jeffrey.Harris@ManTech.com]
> Subject: RE: Need to Specify keystorePass on Command Line

> First, I cannot store the password ANYWHERE on the system, which is why
> it needs to be entered on the command line.

Then you can't run Tomcat as a service - there is no command line.  It's my understanding
that all parameters for a service must be available in the registry or elsewhere in the file
system prior to starting the service.

Consider running Tomcat from the .bat scripts instead, in which case you can pass arbitrary
parameters, but you will need to do this from a logged-in account.

 - Chuck