tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: can't start tomcat on port 80
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:15:11 GMT
> From: Karolis Monkus [mailto:karolis.monkus@dts-solutions.lt]
> Subject: Re: can't start tomcat on port 80

> Nothing running on 80 port, selinux and firewall disabled, so no
> need for writing iptables rules.

Good to kno.w

> What do you mean by saying i need support from Fedora?

The third-party repackaged versions of Tomcat are not just copies of the real ones from tomcat.apache.org
- they have been modified to change location and content of configuration files, log files,
startup scripts, etc.  Consequently, when something doesn't work, it's often necessary to
contact the repackager, since experience shows they broke it.

> Would everything be easier if i just download newest tomcat tar
> archive and manually install/run it?

It certainly would for those of us providing this voluntary support on the mailing list; we
would then know exactly what we're dealing with.

 - Chuck