tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: deploy application in new service in tomcat
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:08:49 GMT
On Feb 8, 2013, at 5:23 AM, Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco) wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> 'deployIgnore' option work for me. Can you please tell me how we can add multiple context
path (context path for multiple applications) in this.

It's a regular expression and whatever it matches will be ignored.  If you need it to match
multiple things, just adjust the regular expression so that it matches those things.

Dan

wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20)
>
> This is really old, you should upgrade.
>
>> with service name 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps' by doing some changes in server.xml.
>> I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'
>> I have several applications deployed under webapps.
>> I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible through new
service.
>> Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and deployed
only the required app under this new appBase.

>> In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat incorporate
request only from a specific context path and ignore all others

> Not sure I follow what you are trying to do, but it kinda sounds like you might want
this?  If not, please try to explain your use case a little more.

> "deployIgnore
>
> A regular expression defining paths to ignore when autoDeploy and deployOnStartup are
set. This allows you to keep your configuration in a version control system, for example,
and not deploy a .svn or CVS folder that happens to be in the appBase."