tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Nick" <nicholas.willi...@ul.com>
Subject OT RE: Tomcat and Sun/Oracle Java 7
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:42:14 GMT
> No wonder those guys were so reticent to change the JDBC API to
> (directly) support the upcoming Java Date & Time APIs: they've made everyone so angry
in the past they don't want to do it again ;)

> - -chris

Chris,

DID/WILL they update the JDBC API to support the new date/time API? Or did they decide not
to? It would be unfortunate, in my mind, if they decided not to support what everyone the
community nearly universally agrees is a better date/time API just because they're afraid
of making some people mad by changing the JDBC API in a MAJOR version upgrade...

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient: (1) you may not disclose, use, distribute, copy or rely upon this message or attachment(s);
and (2) please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then delete this message and its attachment(s).
Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and its affiliates disclaim all liability for any errors, omissions,
corruption or virus in this message or any attachments.